Private cloud has some simple steps to get set up. This help article will walk you through the steps to get started along with other details that might be helpful along the way.
- Decide on a name for the site. This is the FQDN (fully qualified domain name) that your company owns, for example, “ourhub.company.com”
- Optional: if you are an existing client, you can retain your existing *.mangoapps.com domain name.
- We need the desired date you would like for the site to become available so that we can schedule the private cloud setup and data migration.
- Migration note: If you are an existing client with a current shared cloud domain or On-premise deployment, where we are going to conduct a migration of the existing sites data we perform the setup and migration on Sunday into Monday morning, please account for downtime from 9:00 PM – 4:00 AM Pacific time.
- You will need to create two DNS records, one record will be for the FQDN, the second will be to validate the certificate we are providing. We will provide the DNS record information once we have received site name (FQDN) from you.
- Note: this must be conducted at least two days before your desired migration date
- Once you have decided on a FQDN it can’t be changed
Recommended steps and actions to streamline the processes.
- As a Private Cloud customer, you will have a support project with MangoApps, keeping the communication regarding the private cloud deployment or migration within this support project space will keep communications quick and clear.
- For customers who are migrating to the private cloud, we recommend communicating the downtime to your end-users.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions if you or other members of your team are simply curious about our process just reached out and ask our support team.
(Visited 80 times, 1 visits today)