MangoApps for Android Updates
From the incorporation of gamification to improved battery consumption, use-ability, and support for guests, this version of MangoApps for Android has a lot of exciting updates.
The new gamification features in MangoApps are now available in the Android client. These include:
- Support for levels and badge feeds.
- On any user profile page, you can view the user’s current level, points, and badges.
- Coworkers’ profile pages lists users’ current level.
Reduced 50% Battery Consumption
In this release of MangoApps for Android, the app consumes 50% less battery and takes a lot less CPU when in use.
Smart Link Detection
Now when a MangoApps feed URL is shared via email and clicked on, it will launch the MangoApps Android client and the user will be taken to the feed details screen. Similarly, links shared to a coworker’s profile page, project, group, or department page, will launch the Android client and the appropriate coworker info page, project page, group, or department page is shown.
Improved Support For Guest Users
In this release, guest users using the client have access to projects or groups they are a part of. The UI has been simplified so modules the guest users don’t have permission to access are no longer visible to them.
- The experience of attaching multiple files has vastly improved. If the connection breaks, when the application is in the background, failed uploads will automatically retry when the application is launched again and the connection is restored.
- The feed list has been enhanced to show more content along with improved support for poll, posts, and tracker feeds.
- The user experience around touch-ability of screen buttons has been improved.
Other Notable Improvements and Fixes
- Added support for acknowledging a private message.
- Added support to open a tracker feed in web browser.
- Issues around opening folders and files are fixed in this release.
- A few special characters were not displaying properly in coworker names, project name, etc. This issue is now fixed.
- Invite members to project showed duplicate entries. This issue is now fixed.
- Sometime wrong profile icons were shown on user profile pages. This has been fixed.
- Some random crashes across the application have been fixed.
- Adding coworkers to a department was sometimes not working. This is fixed now.