15 New Features For Domain Admins
List of new features to make administration easier for MangoApps domain administrators
Auto deletion of files based on retention policies
- Data retention of files has now been enhanced to include all the files in your domain across teams, network drive & user’s my drive, so admins do not need to manage the deletion of old files manually. MangoApps provides a choice of 10 time values (1 day to 10 years) to choose from when setting up the retention period.
- Domain admins & team admins will be automatically setup to get a reminder 60 days prior to the files being auto-deleted. Auto-deletion rule is set up by the domain admins under ‘Compliance > Data Retention’. Domain & team admins can also setup additional reminders from ‘Change My Settings > Smart Reminders’. You will receive reminders for team (project, group & department) files and network files. Reminders for my drive files are not supported at this time.
- File deletion reminders are notified both in-app and over email and are setup under ‘Change My settings > Smart Reminders’ .
- File deletion reminder will aggregate the count of all the files that will be auto-deleted in 60 days / 30 days / 7 days into “1 reminder notification” to avoid spamming users with a reminder for each file.
- Files module will have a new node/filter ‘Files Pending Auto Delete’ that lists all the files that are up for auto-deletion within the next 60 days. This node/filter will be seen only if the file retention policy has been setup in your domain. The files you will use under this node/filter will be as per your role. So domain admins see all the files that are pending auto-deletion, team admins see the files pending auto-deletion from the teams they are the administrators of and network users see files that are pending auto-deletion from their my drive.When the file is auto-deleted, it will be moved to the trashcan and after the configured preservation limit (default of 60 days) the file is permanently deleted.
Navigation with menus & sub-menus
- Domain admins can now customize the primary (left) navigation of all users to have menus with sub-menus providing them with greater flexibility & control on how to organize access to MangoApps modules & pages.
- From the ‘Navigation’ module in Admin Portal, domain admins can drag & drop a module or shortcut and make it as a sub-menu to any top-level menu.
- Domains admins can also use the new ‘Manage Sub-Menus’ action available against each top level menu to enable, disable and re-order sub-menu items under them.
- Domain admins now have an option to lock the primary navigation for all users and not allow them to change it. Locking the primary navigation will result in ‘Manage Navigation’ option to not appear for users.
- URL field in a shortcut can now be optional. This will allow creating a top level menu item that only opens the sub-menus.
- Sub-menu items support the same condition based capabilities that the top menu items support.
Stronger password controls with auto-expiry & more
- Domain admins can now enforce that MangoApps user passwords auto-expire after the configured period. This setting would automatically force the users to change their password without any manual reminders from admins. Allowed values for password expiry are from 1 to 999 days.
- Domain admins can now enforce that users shouldn’t be allowed to re-use previously used passwords. This setting would help enforce stronger compliance requirements in your company. Possible values are 1 to 6 previous passwords can’t be re-used.
- Domain admins can now also setup a higher minimum length of the password that’s required when users’ set their MangoApps password.
Integrated with Duo mobile app
- Domains admins can now configure the 2FA token to be sent on Duo Mobile app to the users from ‘Security > Two-Factor Authentication Settings’
- Ability to specify the time-period before the user is asked again on login to enter the 2FA token is configurable by the domain admin.
- Ability to skip the 2FA token when logging in from a SSO connection is also configurable by the domain admin.
New dashboard report
- A new report that shows the list of users who have viewed the dashboard in the selected period has been added under ‘Reports’
- Domain admins get notified when the requested report is ready. Additionally, the report is also available under the ‘Files > Reports’ folder to access by all domain admins. This is similar to how other reports in MangoApps work.
- Ability to support different web portal branding based on a user’s ‘Office Location’ has been added.
- Option to have a company-branded cover page for the wiki PDF is now available from under ‘Branding > Wikis > PDF’
- Domains admins now have a choice to add holidays that are country wide (which apply to all locations) and holidays that are for one specific location only.
- Half-day holidays can now be setup which cater to special company requirements like the office being closed after Friday 1 PM.
- Holidays & important dates that span across multiple days can also be setup which cater to the office being closed over long weekends, Christmas week etc
Location UI improvements
- Locations fields can now be organized into logical sections making it easier for users to read
- Number of people at a location is now a system field. It can be dragged, dropped and placed anywhere along with the rest of the location fields. Clicking on it will take the user to the people directory showing the people in the location.
Profile & user look ahead enhancements
- Number of direct reports is now a system field. It can be dragged, dropped and placed anywhere along with the rest of the profile fields. Clicking on it will take the user to the org chart view of the person.
- User look aheads can be configured to include new additional information for the user. This new additional information options that are added in this release are:
- User profile picture can be set as a required field by the domain admin now.
- User exported CSV file has additional information which includes the user’s profile picture URL and user’s department names
Notifications made a top-level module
- Notification is now accessible quickly to the domain admins as a top level module in the admin portal
- Domains admins like before can set the default notifications for all users from this module. The default notifications include:
- InApp & Email notifications
- Scheduled email digest notifications
- Security notifications
Scheduled digest email improvements
- New digest email to get unread chats can be turned on by the domain admin for all users
- This unread chat digest email can be configured to be sent if there are unread chats every
- 4 hours
- 8 hours
- 24 hours
- Domain admins get to see a preview of all the digest emails now.
Post templates enhancements
- Domains admins now have the ability to export post templates from their staging MangoApps setup to their production MangoApps setup without having to re-create them in production.
- Import of a post template will give domain admins a choice to replace an existing template or import it as a new post template.
Email module changes
- Share settings to externally share an update over email are now available under ‘Domain > General Settings’.
- List of external users who have unsubscribed from updates shared over mail with them are now available under ‘Emails > Unsubscribed users’.
On-page help options
- From this release we have started to add on-page help in the Admin Portal.
- The on-page help will be delivered in 2 ways:
- On-page video help – A short video which shows how the features present on the page you’re currently viewing, would work.
- On-page help article link – A detailed how-to help article which explains how the features present on the page you’re currently viewing, would work.
- With each MangoApps release, more & more of the pages will get the on-page help links.
Miscellaneous other improvements
- Greetings module gets new categories (e.g., business, just for fun) and new designs in existing categories. New categories & designs allow you to increase employee connections with purpose-built greetings like ‘Get to know your customer day’, ‘Take your daughter/son to work day’ & more.
- Ability to add condition based shortcuts on the navigation that are based on user’s office location or user’s team membership are now supported.
- RSS reader widget now can be added by the domain admin with sources for all users
- News feed module label when changed or translated by domain admins will now update the ‘News feed’ module name inside all projects, groups & departments modules