MangoApps OpenAPI Overview
The MangoApps Open API is a complete programmable interface to MangoApps functionality. These APIs support data input and output in XML and JSON formats. You can do a lot with these APIs. Just to give you an example, MangoApps mobile and desktop clients are built using these APIs. To get started, all you need is a MangoApps account. Once you have an account simply follow the steps below.
We recommend that you start out by going through the API overview to know the basics of MangoApps API and learn how to authenticate with us, before you dive into the specific API documentation.
MangoApps OpenAPI Usage Basics
In using the MangoApps API set, there are some hard-and-fast rules:
- The initial Login API success response contains the _felix_session_id as the Set-Cookie field in the response header.
- Your application must store the _felix_session_id for reuse in subsequent API requests.
- Every call to an API after Login must contain the _felix_session_id as a cookie in the header.
- The _felix_session_id does not expire until your application sends an explicit Logout API request.
- For the curl examples, a file is used to store the _felix_session_id and it will be referred to as which you can arbitrarily define in your testing
- The API URLs are examples. You should not use mangoapis.mangoapps.com but rather your own domain URI followed by the API path and any necessary URL parameters.
Registering a New Application in your Domain
To register a new application in your domain:
- Use the Web Client to log into your domain as an Administrator.
- Navigate to the Admin Portal from the top-right corner of MangoApps under your name.
- Click "Integrate" -> "Open APIs" menu item.
- Click the "Register a new Application" tab.
- Fill out the Application Details form then click "Submit Registration Request"
- Use the API Key you are given on the "Registered Application" tab for your Login API Request.