Slack is a popular chat application, incase your organization is already using Slack you can integrate the same inside teams in MangoApps to get real-time notification from Slack to MangoApps or even respond to items from MangoApps directly to Slack. Here are the steps to configure the same.
First ensure Slack is enabled in the Admin Portal. Then proceed with the configurations.
1. Navigate to configure integrations inside teams by clicking on the three dots besides “Project Tools”
2. Click “Enable” besides Slack from the list of available integrations and you will be presented with a pop-up to Configure Slack in MangoApps.
Here’s a brief on each of the fields to configure the integration;
- Webhook URL: This is the URL that you will need paste into Slack outgoing webhooks integration, this cannot be modified and is required to be copy and pasted as is in Slack.
- Customize Name: Choose a username that messages from this integration will be posted as.
- Members who can post back to Slack: Enter the list of members who can post back comments from MangoApps to Slack. Leave this list blank if you don’t want any member to post back to Slack.
- Authenticate with Slack: Click to authenticate Slack in MangoApps to enable the integration, this is a mandatory step to configure the integration.
3. Go to your Slack team Integrations settings. Open it from Slack app menu or via direct URL https://yourdomain.slack.com/services. Select general and then the gear along the top and Integration from the drop down.
4. Then create a new Outgoing webhook integration by searching for “Outgoing Webhooks” in the app directory then adding the same by clicking Install.
5. Once installed, scroll to “Integration Settings” and paste the Webhook URL from MangoApps into “URL(s)” and Save Settings
6. Once done, double check the Link is correct. Go back to the project and select Authenticate and Authorize from the following popup.
7. Once Authorized, confirm the success message and Save the Settings.
Now you should receive messages posted in Slack as feeds in MangoApps. Lets take a look to exactly what that experience will look like.
As the messages come into the Feeds, those who are authorized or added to the integration, have a tick box to reply back. This concludes the Slack integration guide.