New Features & UX Improvements In The Mobile Apps
New recognitions module, greetings module, notes module, sub-menu support, post enhancements, chat enhancements, security improvements, and numerous usability improvements have been added to the iPhone & Android mobile apps.
Recognition module now available on mobile
- View a list of all the recognitions given in your domain along with the reactions & comments posted on them.
- Recognize a co-worker or a team using the recognition module in the mobile app.
- Full list of categories & awards that have been setup for your domain is available to use in the app.
- The recipient and their followers/team members are notified when a recognition is given.
- Ability to view the recognition leaderboard for a selected period is now supported on mobile. This includes
- Top recognized people &
- Top recognized teams
- Recognition module is available on the user’s profile which will list the awards received by the user. It will also be available in a team as a module where the awards received by the team are listed.
- When giving a recognition to a person or a team, you can select 1 or more company core values to associate to it. Core values for which the user has been recognized will be highlighted on the user’s profile page.
- Built-in approval process has been added in the mobile apps to approve or decline recognition requests.
- Messages module has a new filter to view ‘Action Required’ messages in it. This filter will include both – the award approvals you need to take an action on and your requested approvals.
Greetings module now available on mobile
- View a list of all the greetings given in your domain along with the reactions & comments posted on them.
- Give birthday wishes, express your gratitude with a thank you greeting, congratulate someone on a promotion, wish a new parent and do a lot more now using the Greetings module in the mobile app.
- Ability to send a greeting to a team or an individual is supported in the app.
- Full list of categories & greetings that have been setup for your domain is available to use in the app.
- The recipient and their followers/team members are notified when a greeting is shared.
New notes module added on mobile
- Ability to view your notes, your pinned notes, and the notes shared with you is available in the mobile app.
- Ability to sort the notes by title (A-Z), recently updated, and recently accessed by you is supported.
- Ability to quickly find a note based on its title is supported using the Quick Find.
- Ability to view the note content in read only mode is available in the mobile app.
Posts module enhancements
- Ability to create a post from mobile got new styling tools to enable a rich-text post to be created
- The post can be shared with one or more teams or with followers.
- Action to mute a team chat using the right-swipe gesture on a chat item in the list of chats has been added.
- Once a chat is muted, you will not be notified & pushed new chat messages sent by members in the team. You can still open the team chat and view all the sent messages at any time.
- Team chat can be set to auto un-mute after 30 mins to 1 week or until the user manually un-mutes it.
- When there is a new chat message (1-1 or team) there will now be a ‘new’ indicator against the module (instead of a unread chat count)
- Ability to view location fields categorized into sections is now available on mobile.
- The order of section & fields will be setup by domain admins
- Event organizers can now RSVP on behalf of someone else from the mobile app.
- Events can now be scheduled with start time or end time of 5 mins (from the earlier 15 mins). For example the start time of an event can now be 4:05 PM and end time can be 4:50 PM.
- When you create a new event, you can now change the ‘timezone’ value from the mobile app.
Menus & sub-menus support
- Menus & sub-menus created by domain admins for shortcuts and modules will be supported in the mobile app.
- Network user’s self-created sub-menus (if the domain admin has enabled) via the web portal will be supported in the mobile app.
- Number of attempts to enter the mobile PIN value is now also governed by the admin set ‘Failed Authentication Attempt Policy ‘ value to prevent a brute force PIN attack.
- The password set rules by the domain admin will be applied in the mobile app also. These include
- Length of password
- Complexity of password
- Prevention of password reuse
- Auto-expiry of password
12 new usability enhancements added
- Drop-down-based filters on mobile have been changed to tabs to make them visible and accessible with 1 tap.
- User’s pinned projects, groups, departments show up on top in the project/group/department lists making it easier to access them quickly.
- @mentioning a user by typing the user’s first name & last name is now supported.
- Ability to @mention other teams in an update that’s being shared in a team has been added.
- Ability to get a read receipt to indicate who has read the update you posted in a team and in a private message has been added.
- Ability to hide a feed using the right-swipe gesture on a feed item in the News Feed module has been added.
- A new setting to control if a news feed in the team should be posted when a new member is added from mobile is now supported.
- Ability to mark a notification as read directly in the notification panel using the right-swipe gesture on the item has been added.
- Page-level settings by admin to show the view count only to admins is now supported in the mobile app.
- Ability to send a join request for private teams and directly join a public team is now supported in the mobile app.
- User profile page UI has been updated to show user’s manager & user’s direct reportees. Clicking on the manager’s name will take the user to the manager’s profile page.
- Images or files of upto 200 MB can now be uploaded from the mobile app (as compared to the previous max limit of 50 MB)