Launching Real-Time, Simultaneously Editable Notes
Work concurrently with your coworkers in ways that aren’t possible with traditional note-taking tools.
What can you use the new Mango Notes for?
- Use notes to capture meeting notes, project status & more
- Use notes to co-author a response to RFP, statement of work etc with your team
- Use notes to stay organized with your team on action items to complete, weekly status updates & more
- Use notes to stay optimize brainstorming around challenges & ideas with co-workers
Real-time creation & co-editing of notes
- Notes can be created from the universal compose or from the Notes module on your primary navigation.
- Live, concurrent editing lets everyone to see the same note and make changes in real-time.
- Supports up to 10 simultaneous editors working together.
- Full support for notes & co-editing exists on the latest version of Chrome, Firefox & Safari. For IE Edge good support exists (Notes is not supported on IE 11).
Features that make using notes a delight
- Plan & execute projects by working concurrently with your team on notes and make revisions together in real-time – there’s no limit to your productivity.
- Stay organized with access to recently edited notes, pinned notes, and notes shared with you — all in one place.
- Editing and styling tools to help you easily format text and paragraphs.
- Use inline tables to capture project plan, due dates, priority and keep everyone organized.
- Capture and track action items that come from meetings, email, or chat messages using checklists in notes, to get stuff done and stay sane in the process.
- Use the outline to jump directly to a specific section on a long document and make your edit, post an inline comment, or just read it.
- Your notes directly open in edit mode, reducing the number of things you have to do.
- Initiate a 1-to-1 chat when needed with the co-editor directly from the note.
Support for inline images & GIFs
- Notes allow embedding of images & gifs to support richer content experiences.
- MangoApps media library is available in notes to make it easy to embed the rich content.
- Rich content media added is available to everyone to see in real-time.
Power features that make co-authoring using notes easy
- Never hit “Save” again
- All your changes are automatically saved as you type.
- When someone is editing your document, you can see their cursor as they make changes or highlight text.
- Easy sharing
- Securely & easily share notes with co-workers by enabling the shareable link.
- Ability to share with specific people with 3 permission options – editor, viewer & viewer (download) is also supported.
- Editors & owner of the note can co-edit, manage share permission & more. Viewers & above can download, pin & set reminders.
- Inline comments
- Give and get better feedback with inline comments on a specific part of the note; attributions show you who’s added what.
- Use suggestions to make your edits and build about each other’s ideas.
- Change notifications
- Get notified after co-editors have made edits to your note, a note shared with you or a note pinned by you when you aren’t participating in a live co-editing session.
- You will be notified for a change on the note only if the change was done by a user during the time you were not co-editing or viewing the note along with them.
- Control your notification settings from Change your settings > Notifications > What’s important > Notes.
- Access history
- Editors & note creator can see who edited, downloaded, viewed, shared the note and at what time was the action done.
- Get to know who has seen the latest edits and comments on your note
Fully searchable instantly
- Notes are full searchable instantly making it easy to find what you’re looking for
- Find your note quickly by title as you type in the search bar or use the power of full content search on enter.
Admin controls on defaults
- Ability for the domain admins to change the name of the module.
- Ability for the domain admins to set the default view filter and sort for all users.
Get a head start with out-of-the-box purpose designed templates
- Create a new note or choose from a library of purpose-built templates & custom templates your domain admins have created. Out-of-the-box templates include
- Meeting notes
- Project plan
- Project status
- Weekly status
- Request for proposal
- Statement of work
- Onboarding notes
- Training process manual
- Duplicate a note to create a new note with the content copied in it and get started quickly.
Data center info:
- Applicable for non US data center customers only:
- The content of the note is securely stored along with the rest of your domain’s data.
- The ‘inline comments’ made by users (if any on the note) are stored separately and may be outside of your region/country.
- Both the note content & inline-comments on it are encrypted at rest.