By the end of this article you will be an expert on MangoApps events including the topics:
- How can I create an event?
- Why should I use MangoApps Events?
- Who can attend my Events?
- How can attendees interact through events?
- How can I see the event guest list?
- How can I export my events to Outlook or iCal?
- What are the Event privacy types?
- What is the Event Gallery?
- What are the Admin options?
How can I create an event?
To go through all the steps of creating an event in MangoApps:
- Choose “Events” or “Calendar” from the left navigation bar.
- Click the “Plan an Event” button in the top-right corner.
- Fill in all the event information and click “Add Attendees”.
- Invite colleagues, external guests, and groups then click “More Options”.
- Fill in the additional details for the event and click “Create”.
Why should I use MangoApps Events?
MangoApps events are the easy way to invite employees, customers, and partners to attend a get-together, or schedule something in advance so that MangoApps users are notified. Any meeting that needs an RSVP or guest list can be made into a MangoApps event.
Who can attend my Events?
Full Company: Any MangoApps user can attend your event. In addition to MangoApps users, external guests can attend your event, just invite them by email address.
Private: Users can request to join if they were not invited explicitly. The event is visible but not the contents to uninvited users.
Secret: Users cannot see this event exists without being invited first.
Team: Any member of the team can RSVP the event. This event is not visible to users outside of the team.
How can attendees interact through events?
Attendees interact with the event wall. On the wall, users can post short messages, pictures, or links that other attendees can see. Attendees add comments to what has already been posted and can check back later to see what’s new.
Invited users and Attendees will see the event in their notifications and news feeds by default for all new activities. Unless the users RSVP as “not-attending” They will no longer see these updates.
How can I see the event guest list?
Users can see the event guest list by:
- Click “Events” from the left navigation bar.
- Find and click on “View Full Event” in the event on the upcoming events calendar.
- From the right-side menu under “Event Tools”, choose “View or Print Guest List”.
A nicely formatted Event Guest List will be ready to print.
How can I export my events to Outlook or iCal?
While looking at the events calendar, choose the drop-down menu toward the top right side and choose the export option that best suits your needs.
What are the Event privacy types?
There are 4 privacy types for events:
- “Full Company” such that anyone can join without an invitation.
- “Private” where Event administrators must invite attendees or attendees must request an invite by searching for an event.
- “Secret” where the event cannot be searched for and an explicit invitation is required.
- “Team” Any team member can join at will, non-members cannot.
The privacy settings are decided by the Event creator or an administrator during the creation of the event.
What is the Event Gallery?
Part of the Event Wall is an area where event attendees can upload photos. Sometimes called the Event Gallery, photos can be viewed before, during, and after the event.
What are the Admin options?
you can change the permissions to who can create a Full company and Private events. So only domain admins, intranet admins, and assign specific users to be event creators.
From the Admin portal, under Modules go to Calendar then Event Settings tab.
The admin can create Holiday & Important Dates.
You can select one of our images, add a Date, create a Title, and create a Description.
From the Admin portal, under Modules go to Calendar then Holiday & Important Dates tab.