If your organization uses Jira for internal work processes, you can continue using the same inside MangoApps to sync issues from your projects on Jira to projects in MangoApps, you can share comments between support team members and JIRA users, and solve Jira issues by collaborating on MangoApps. Integrating Jira with MangoApps creates a cohesive way to collaborate on issues while keeping developers, support staffers, and the end user up-to-date on the status of their issues.
What does it do?
With this integration, the user will be able to:
- Connect their Jira account to MangoApps
- Pull-in issues from multiple projects on Jira to MangoApps
- View the status, attachments & comments on Jira issues in MangoApps
- Post comments from MangoApps to Jira
Who can set up the integration?
You must have administrator permissions in Jira and Network admin or Team admin privileges on MangoApps to set up the integration.
Steps to Connect Jira to MangoApps
- As an admin (team admin or network admin), navigate to the team you wish to setup the integration.
- Click on the Admit tools button (three dots) -> Settings -> Jira Settings
- Click on the check box to enable Jira. This will regularly (every 15 mins or so) pull new tickets & updates from Jira into this team.
- Enter the complete Jira account URL with https:// e.g. https://mangoapps.atlassian.net. The on-premise variants of Jira should be exposed to the internet. Please note that the base URL is entered and not the full project URL under the ‘Site URL’ field.
- Enter your Jira Domain name, admin (user associated with the admin group on Jira username and password so that the creation of Webhooks is automated and MangoApps gets HTTPS callbacks from Jira for ticket updates.
- Enter the name or email or team members on MangoApps who can post a comment from MangoApps to Jira. If you don’t want to have any member post to Jira, you can leave this blank.
- Click on the button “Click here” to get the list of Jira projects you wish to pull the tickets from to MangoApps.
- Once done, click Save
You can also refer to video below for connecting Jira with MangoApps
How does it work?
- Once the integration is setup, any new Jira ticket from the project synced with MangoApps will get posted as a new feed in the MangoApps team.
- A comment on an existing Jira ticket will get posted as a comment on the MangoApps feed corresponding to the ticket.
- Status change of the ticket in Jira will result in the status field in the MangoApps feed to be updated. No comment is generated in this case.
- Priority change of the ticket in Jira will result in the priority field in the MangoApps feed to be updated. No comment is generated in this case.
- List of members allowed to post back to Jira can tick the checkbox to post the comment back in Jira.
Tip: Click the issue ID in MangoApps to open it in JIRA in a new tab.
Refer video here showing how the integration works.