Microblogging on Android devices is the same in concept as the Web Client or Desktop Messenger but the layout is a bit different. The best practices of Android microblogging will be conveyed through answers to the following questions:
- Where do I download MangoApps for Android?
- How do I log in to MangoApps on my Android device?
- What application icon do I click on to view my feeds?
- How do I create a new feed?
- How do I add a comment?
- How do I add an attachment like a photo, audio recording, video or any file?
- How do I view wikis posts on Android?
- Can I add my geolocation to my Android microblog message?
- How do I post different types of feed using the MangoApps Android app?
Where do I download MangoApps for Android?
You can download the latest version of MangoApps for Android from the Google Play store. Just use your device to search for “MangoApps” or download from this Google Play link.
How do I log in to MangoApps on my Android device?
To log in to MangoApps, fill in the 3 required sections of the log in screen:
- Login ID: This is the same Login ID that you use to log in to the web client. It’s usually your email address.
- Password: The password is your MangoApps password. If you’ve forgotten yours, use the “Forgot Password” action to reset your account Password.
- MangoApps Domain URL: The MangoApps Domain URL is usually in the format
http://mycompany.mangoapps.comwhere “mycompany” is also in your email address such as
email@example.com. If you’re a guest user or an external network user to someone else’s domain, the MangoApps Domain URL will be different than your email address domain.
What application icon do I click on to view my feeds?
Choose the “News Feeds/Inbox” in the left menu to view your feeds.
The screen will have 3 tabs for your Primary, Secondary and Mentions feeds.
How do I create a new feed?
How do I add a comment?
To comment on a feed, click on the feed and choose the “Comment” button from the bottom of the screen to start typing your comment. You can attach files to your comment from the same “Comment” window.
How do I add an attachment like a photo, audio recording, video or any file?
In any composition window there are icons below the the text input box for attachments including:
- A picture you take while using MangoApps.
- A video stored on your device or one that you record in MangoApps.
- An audio file you previously recorded on your device or one that you record in MangoApps.
- Any file stored on your Android device.
- Your current geolocation.
How do I view wikis and posts on Android?
You can also click on the slide bar menu to explore & view Wiki’s, Intranet Posts
Can I add my geolocation to my Android microblog message?
Yes, you can add your current geolocation if you allow MangoApps to receive your current location. To add your geolocation while you’re composing a message, click the “Pushpin” icon to the far right and below the text input window. You’ll be prompted to allow MangoApps to get your current location. Accepting will insert your current Geo location into the text composition window.
How do I post different types of feed using the MangoApps Android app?
MangoApps Android app allows you to post different types of feeds, once you’re are logged into the app tap on the “Composer” universal action to see the different feed type options and as per your selection you can post the content.
- Share an update (In Team and To All My Followers)
- Ask a Question
- Write a Post
- Send a Message
- Create a Task
- Create a Poll
- Share an Idea
- Start a Chat