MangoApps Office 365 Integration makes viewing of office documents seamless and editing/co-editing in the browser or iPad super easy. The integration comes with an experience your employees will love and security your IT will approve.
Employees get a seamless document viewing, editing and co-editing experience on the intranet and in teams with MangoApps + Office 365 integration. This integration gives you the power of Microsoft’s office productivity tools directly inside MangoApps modern intranet & collaboration platform making workplace collaboration easy & efficient
MangoApps Integration with Office 365 allows users to view office documents in MangoApps itself. The benefits of the integration are as follows:
a. Allows users to Edit/ Co-Author the document in MangoApps – With Office 365 integration, you can create, edit and co-edit word, powerpoint and xls files directly in MangoApps. MangoApps automatically takes care of file locking and version management under the hoods making creating, editing and co-editing office documents in MangoApps seamless for your employees. Even project and group guest users who have permissions can create, edit and co-edit files can use this integration to work with office documents directly in MangoApps.
b. Auto-Save files while editing a document in MangoApps – MangoApps autosaves the files in the File Repository while you work on a document in Office online
c. Doesn’t require the user to download the file on their system – With this integration, all office files stored in MangoApps can be viewed in the browser without any formatting loss and downloading the file.
d. Edit documents on the Go – With the Office 365 integration, you can edit any word, powerpoint or excel file from within the MangoApps iPad client and share within your company, department or team directly from your iPad.
e. Access History/ Reporting – With an end-to-end access history on all files stored in MangoApps, IT teams can track all user activities done on a file or folder.
Below are the steps on how to create Office 365 document in MangoApps
- Navigate to Files Module
- Click on ‘New’ and Select the Office 365 file (Word, PowerPoint or Excel) that you wish to create in MangoApps
- Enter the name of the file
- The pop-up dialog should provide you the Document Extension and the Location where the document will be saved
- The Office online document dialog opens and you can login using your Office Online account.
- To create, edit or co-edit an office document in your browser ensure that you are using Microsoft Office 365 business account or higher.
You can learn more about Office 365 subscription here to learn more
- The documents are autosaved while editing the document in Office 365
- Below are the screen grabs of the Office Online Integration for different document types:
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Below are the steps on how to edit Office 365 Document in MangoApps
- Navigate to Files module/ File link
- Click on the File/File link that you wish to Edit
- On the top Action Menu, click on ‘Edit in Word’ and select ‘Edit Using Office Online’ in Drop-down
- The Office online document should open and you can login using the Office Online account.
To create, edit or co-edit an office document in your browser ensure that you are using Microsoft Office 365 business account or higher
Below are the steps on how to view Office Document in MangoApps
- Navigate to Files Module/ file link
- Click on the file/link that you wish to View
- The Office online should open the file in the View Only mode. Please note that View Only function doesn’t require the user to login into office 365 and there is no need to buy new licenses.
Here is a short video demonstrating how the integration works