If you need to connect by video call or share your screen with your colleagues, you can use MangoApps Huddle feature to do so.
MangoApps enables voice calling, video calling and screen sharing with its inbuilt feature or with external apps like (GoToMeeting & Join.me)
MangoApps video call feature helps employees to easily share their screen, conduct audio conferencing and video conferencing with their co-workers across the globe. As a network admin, you can enable one of these services for all network users on your domain.
Enable MangoApps Huddle:
- Use a web browser to log as an administrator into your MangoApps domain
- Once logged in, navigate to the admin portal
- Click on the “Integration” tab from the left navigation and then on the ‘Huddle’ tab to turn on “MangoApps” huddle
- Select the ‘MangoApps’ option to enable 1-on-1 voice, video call and screen sharing features for your domain and click on ‘Save’.
- To enable any other third party applications: GoToMeeting and Join.Me, select the corresponding option and click on ‘Save’.
Once Huddle is enabled, the integration will be available from private (1-1) chat on the IM bar(Web) and Chat Window (MangoApps native apps) by clicking on Start a private huddle action items.
Prerequisites for Windows Native App:
You can enable the inbuilt voice and video calling and screen sharing features from the MangoApps native (Windows & Mac) apps too.
To do so, you will first have to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 Packages as a prerequisite on your system. If the prerequisite ( Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 Packages ) is not installed, MangoApps native apps will request your permission to install it and then proceed with the enabling voice and video calling features or you can direct download and install the same form the here
- 32 Bit computers – Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 Packages
- 64 Bit computers – Visual C++ Redistributable 2015 Packages
A short video showing the installation of the required prerequisite.
TIP: Also, if in case there is no webcam or video calling device installed on your desktop, the call will be connected using an audio or screen sharing connection.
Start a Call (Windows & Mac):
- Login into MangoApps native(Windows or Mac) application and click on the colleague name in which you want to start a MangoApps video(huddle) call
- Once the private (1-1) Chat window is opened, click on the “Call” action and then click on “Yes, go ahead” to start/initiate the Private video call
- This is what shown on the sender side when the MangoApps video call is initiated. (Once the video call is initiated and your colleague or member join in, the webcam streaming gets started and on the top right corner your section shown where as in remaining section the joined colleague webcam streaming shown)
- To join any incoming video call, the receiver simply has to click on the ‘Join’ button (Here the native apps check for the required prerequisite and if it is missing, it will first gets downloaded and installed and then the receiver user can join the incoming video call)
- When the receiver joins the call, the sender(call initiator) gets a notification on the video call window
- When the receiver left the call, the sender(call initiator) gets a notification on the video call window
MangoApps huddle(video call) allows the sender (call initiator) and the receiver users can mute the audio, strop the webcam and screen sharing
- Mute/Un-mute the audio
- Stop/start sharing of webcam
- Stop/start sharing of screen
- Hide/collapse call information
- Copy video call link and share
- Leave/ disconnect the video call
Screen Share From Web Browser (Using Chrome Extension):
Check out the following video to understand how you can make a voice or video call to your colleague from the Web Browser, if you’re using Chrome or Firefox browser then you need enable/allow the popup blockers along with Chrome MangoApps Screen Share plugin
Frequently Asked Questions:
I accidentally, exited the video call, can I join in again?
Yes, If there is any user still present in the started call, you can re-join the video call using the “join” action.
What’s the max call duration allowed, per video call?
MangoApps, video call (1-1) is allowed for 60 minutes and after 60 minutes the video call automatically gets ended and all of the participated users get notified.
How many number of users can join the MangoApps video call?
Max of 3 users are allowed to join the video call.