Through the different MangoApps subscription levels and deployment options, your MangoApps Domain URL is chosen automatically in Shared Cloud Deployments and can be chosen by you in Private Cloud and On-Premise deloyments. We’ll cover MangoApps Domain URLs and questions including:
- How do I redirect URLs using a 301 Redirect?
- Shared Cloud Deployments
- Private Cloud & On-Premise Deployments
- Can I change my MangoApps Domain URL?
How do I redirect URLs using a 301 Redirect?
You can set up redirect rules on your Apache Server using
.htaccess. Please refer to the “Redirect requests using .htaccess and mod_rewrite” section of this article as an example.
Through Your Company’s Internet Domain Host
Your host provider may also provide tools to create 301 Redirects. The following is how to create a redirect using GoDaddy’s tools:
- Log in to your GoDaddy hosted account.
- Choose “URL Redirects” from the “Settings” section
- Choose the “New Redirect” button in the first window.
- Enter your domain name and enter a “/mango” path (or a path you choose) on the “From” page of the tool then click “Next”.
- Enter your MangoApps URL and the “/u” path in the “To” page of the tool then click “Next”.
- Choose “Permanent (301)” and “Match Path” on the “Extras” page of the tool then click “OK”.
By using a browser to go to
yourdomain.com/path you should be redirected to your MangoApps login page or activity stream.
Automatic URL Assignment in Shared Cloud Deployments
Based on the email of the person creating the domain, MangoApps Domain URL Assignment logic works as follows:
- Your domain is assigned based on the email address domain (after the @ sign).
- Based on whether a domain is already taken and also the domain type ( .com, .net, .org, .co.uk, etc. ) hyphens may be inserted into the assigned Mangoapps Domain URL.
Choosing a URL for Private Cloud & On-Premise Deployments
For Private Cloud and On-Premise deployments, the domain administrator can choose the URL where MangoApps will be deployed from a URL that the company or organization controls. An SSL certificate is requested during the deployment process and applied to the MangoApps domain.
Can I change my MangoApps Domain URL?
Since Shared Cloud deployments URLs use a naming convention based on the email address of the domain creator, the MangoApps domain cannot be changed. A new domain can be created with a different email address but the content in the original domain cannot be transfered to the new Shared Cloud domain.
It is technically possible to change the MangoApps domain URL for Private Cloud and On-Premise domains. Contact your MangoApps account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the details and work out the business arrangements.