By the end of this article you’ll know:
- What is auto-follow?
- What is the number of users that will work with the auto-follow feature?
- How do I disable auto-follow?
- Can I override the auto-follow setting?
What is auto-follow?
Auto-follow is a setting in the Admin Portal so that users in MangoApps will automatically follow all other users in MangoApps. Some organizations need such close social connectivity so that everyone is informed of everything that is happening in their (public) MangoApps.
What is the number of users that will work with the auto-follow feature?
Auto follow works with all the users in the domain and it is independent of the number of users.
How do I disable auto-follow?
Administrators can disable auto-follow by:
- Navigate to the Admin Portal by clicking on the top-right “Admin”
- Choose “Domain” from left navigation bar and then “General settings” from the secondary navigation bar.
- Scroll to find the “Auto Follow Settings” and uncheck the box to disable it.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click “Save” to register your changes.
Can I override the auto-follow setting?
As a user, you can choose NOT to follow everyone even if the Auto-Follow user setting is on for your domain. Just go to your list of colleagues and un-follow those users you no longer wish to follow:
- Click on “People” from the left hand navigation menu in user portal.
- Choose “Everyone” from the top filter.
- Find the user whom you wish to stop following
- Click on a more menu to select “Unfollow”