MangoApps + Zendesk integration as a solution: How does it work?
Zendesk integration is available as a module in Groups and Projects. The Zendesk module allows automatic fetching of tickets and posting those tickets as feeds in your project of choice. You can respond to your customers and update the ticket status right from the feed. Simplify your projects by creating tasks right in MangoApps and copying all of the information you need with one click.
- New Ticket: Get your team to discuss and collaborate in MangoApps to resolve tickets created in Zendesk. The ticket information is automatically pulled into MangoApps (poll interval = 5 minutes) based on the filter criteria configured by the project/group admin. It can also be manually fetched by admins on demand.
- Ticket Status Change: When an agent or end user changes the state of the ticket in Zendesk this is automatically reflected inside MangoApps. A new comment is generated to notify the followers in MangoApps.
- Ticket Priority Change: When an agent or end user changes the state of the ticket in Zendesk this is automatically reflected inside MangoApps. A new comment is generated to notify the followers in MangoApps.
- Ticket Replies: When a reply is received on Zendesk, a ticket it is automatically fetched and updated in MangoApps.
- Post a Reply From MangoApps: Some of the project/group users can be setup to have permission to post a reply back to Zendesk from MangoApps.
- Advanced Filtering Capabilities: MangoApps offers advanced filtering capabilities which allow you to decide which tickets you want fetched in MangoApps. This can be based on organization, priority, status, and/or tags.
There might be a couple questions about Zendesk integration in MangoApps. Through this article we’ll answer:
- What Zendesk subscription do I need to integrate them into MangoApps?
- How do I add Zendesk to a project?
What Zendesk subscription do I need to integrate them into MangoApps?
We know the “Starter” plan from the Zendesk plan types will work when integrating Zendesk into MangoApps. If you have a Zendesk plan that is not working with MangoApps, please let us know after talking with the Zendesk Support Team.
How do I add Zendesk to a project?
The steps to add Zendesk to an existing MangoApps project are:
- Go to project you wish to add Zendesk to (you must be admin of the project or a MangoApps Network admin).
- Click the three dots button besides “Project Tools” and click Configure Integrations then click on the toggle switch to enable “Zendesk” within the same field.
- Once you enable “Zendesk” then fill in the form data based on your Zendesk account and click the “Save” button. If you need to reconfigure in the future click on the Gear icon next to the toggle
- Once Zendesk has been configured in the project and you have designated the members who will be able to reply to Zendesk Tickets
Tickets will start to flow into your secondary feed by default.
If you want internal only conversations then don’t tick the box to post to Zendesk, ticking the box is responding to your ticket.
- you can change this at the domain level or the individual level. For individuals go to ‘change my settings’ then ‘News feed’ and move “External Integrations” to the primary or secondary feed as preferred.
A similar option is available for Network admins to adjust this domain wide.