What kind of Salesforce account do I need?
In order MangoApps to access your Salesforce account you must have an “Enterprise”, “Ultimate” or “Developer” Salesforce account. “Personal”, “Group” and “Professional” editions of Salesforce do not support the Salesforce Rest API. For more information, please refer to this Salesforce article.
How do I find what type of Salesforce Account I have?
To find your SalesForce Account type:
- Click on your name in the top-right corner of Salesforce.
- Choose “Setup” from the menu.
- Click “Administrative Setup” from the left-side of Saleforce.
- Your account type will show under “Administration Setup” in the top middle of the screen.
What information do I need from my Salesforce account?
From you enterprise or developer Salesforce account you need:
- Your Salesforce API Consumer Key
- Your Salesforce API Consumer Secret
- Your Salesforce Security Token
How do I find the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret?
To get your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret:
- Log in to your Salesforce account.
- From the Left-Side menu choose “Develop” then “Remote Access”
- From the center of the screen in the “” section, click the “New” button.
- Fill in the required fields highlighted in red including:
- Connected App Name: Fill this box with “MangoApps”
- Contact Email: Enter the email address you use to sign into Salesforce
- Callback URL: Enter your MangoApps domain URL in the format
- Selected OAuth Scopes: Select “Full Access” from the OAuth Scopes box and click the “Add” arrow so it appears in the “Selected OAuth Scopes” box.
- Click the “Save” button.
- On the resulting screen in the “API Integration” section you will find your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. You may need to click the link “Click to Reveal” to see your Consumer Secret.
- Copy both the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret and paste it somewhere (like Notepad) so you can retrieve it later OR Leave this browser tab Open and create a new tab or browser window to continue in the next section “How do I get my Security Token?”
How do I get my Security Token?
To reset your security token, click “Your Name” | “Setup” | “My Personal Information” | “Reset Security Token”, and click the “Reset My Security Token” button. The new security token is sent via email to the email address on your Salesforce user record.
How do I configure MangoApps using my Salesforce information?
Using the information you retrieved from Salesforce:
- Navigate to the Admin portal of MangoApps
- Choose “Integration” then “CRM “
- Fill in each box including:
- Enable CRM Integration: Place a check in the box.
- CRM Type: Change the type to “Salesforce”.
- Web Services URL: Follow the example from the “i” tooltip if you’re unsure.
- Username: Your Salesforce username.
- Password: Your Salesforce password.
- Security Token: You received it from Salesforce via email by following the “How do I get my security token?” section.
- Consumer Key and Consumer Secret: You copied it to Notepad or have the Salesforce browser window open from the “How do I find the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret?” section.
- Click “Test Connection” and make adjustments until you get a “Success” message.
- Click “Save Settings”
How do I download new SalesForce opportunities to MangoApps?
All the opportunities you have entered in SalesForce can be downloaded to MangoApps from the “Opportunities” page. To refresh the Opportunities page in MangoApps:
- You may notice that Opportunities that are in SalesForce are out of sync with Opportunities that are in MangoApps.
- In MangoApps choose the “Refresh” button towards the top right of the Opportunities page.
- Any new opportunity that is in SalesForce but not in MangoApps will be downloaded and a success message will be displayed.
Will Opportunities I create in MangoApps propagate to my Salesforce?
Yes, the opportunities you create from MangoApps get saved and synchronized to your Salesforce account.
Additional Reading On Salesforce.com