There’s a series of steps you can follow using just the “deactivate” tool in the Admin Portal to re-add a user as a guest user after changing the email of the user you accidentally added as a network user.
- Go to the admin portal.
- Click on “Users” -> “Manage Users”:
- Search for the person you’re looking for.
- When you find them, place a checkmark next to their name.
- Choose “User Tools” -> “Change Email Address”. In this case I will change email@example.com (his real email address) to firstname.lastname@example.org (an arbitrary, fake email address I made up).
- “Deactivate” email@example.com
- GO BACK to the user portal
- Go to the Group or Project that firstname.lastname@example.org should be a guest user of.
- Choose “Members” from the left side menu then click on “Invite Members”.
- Add the real email@example.com as a guest user:
PLEASE NOTE: Any user that has the same email domain matching the domain creators email then he cannot be a guest user and will automatically be considered as a network user on the domain. e.g. on a domain abc.mangoapps any user with @abc.com email domain cannot be a guest user and will be a network user on abc.mangoapps.com MangoApps domain.
To be a guest user on abc.mangoapps.com the user’s email can be other any email’s such @myworkemail.com, @domainname.com, @gmail.com, @hotmail, etc