This Guest Post Was Provided By Our Friends At SoftwareSuggest
A successful project completion requires skilled professionals, punctuality, a well-defined budget, and technology integration. If any one of these factors is out of proportion, the project is doomed for failure. This is the reason why around 70 percent of projects fail. But with improvisation in project management, things can go in your favor. Team collaboration is such an integral aspect of project management. When you ensure a robust collaborative effort at all levels, you will attain success. We have certain project management tips to share with you guaranteed to boost team collaboration and in turn, assist you in fulfilling project goals.
Draft a Blueprint
It all starts with a perfect plan. As a project manager, you have to work according to plan. When a project is organized, leadership must have submitted a Statement of Work (SoW). You have to draft your plan according to the SoW. The factors that you must focus on are:
- Identifying goals and objectives that will determine the scope of work
- Preparing the budget, judiciously allocating resources so that there is no shortage of funds
- Specifying timelines, and strict adherence to these timelines is necessary to accomplish the project in time
- Identifying milestones to achieve at specific intervals of time
- Assign roles and responsibilities to every team member and specify group-related tasks that require collaboration among departments
- Include client’s/stakeholder’s preferences in the plan; sort it out before the project begins
Deploy Project Management Software
Integration of technology is an obligation if you want to wrap up the project according to plan. What exactly do you need for project management? It depends on the type of project. However, project management software is common, if not necessary for most project completion. The project management system aids in:
- Real-time management of all activities, including inspection, communication, inventory management, logistics, analytics, report submissions, security, and so on
- Seamless vertical and horizontal communication via chats, emails, voice calls, video calls, and so on
- Sharing information in a variety of formats like documents, videos, images, emails, and so on
- Facilitates team collaboration at various levels, for example, the marketing team collects and shares qualified leads with the sales teams which, in turn, works on converting these leads
- Digitizing and automating operations such as accounting, marketing, sales, supply chain management, and others
Strengthening team collaboration requires you to focus on communication. Unless you ensure a seamless flow of information, effective communication is not possible. Although project management deploys vertical management approach, communication happens in both vertical and horizontal ways. It is crucial to communicate between different levels and within the same level in an organization.
Seamless communication is necessary for passing down orders, ensuring everyone is on the same page, analyzing the performance of every department, scheduling regular meetings for updates, discussing issues, and asking for feedback. Choosing a communication medium depends on the situation. For an instance, email is feasible for conveying orders and live chat is suitable for team members.
Understand The Importance of Time
We mentioned goals, objectives, and milestones in the planning section. One aspect is common in all these – time. When you specify a timeline for every job, you must ensure its completion before the deadline. A single delay can postpone project completion, resulting in wasted money and resources. The project management suite has a dedicated feature for assigning deadlines to the tasks. You can set the parameters so that the software reminds you to work in accordance with the deadline. And since you can always get real-time updates, you can make quick decisions.
Wrap up on a Good Note
The success of the project depends on how you handle your team from beginning the end. Taking regular updates is necessary to ensure everything is going as planned. You should develop a mechanism of boosting team collaboration and communication. This facilitates proper workload management, easy resource allocation, and timely completion of tasks. To officially wrap up a project, you should settle all invoices and payments, shutdown selective operations, and submit a closure report. You should reflect back on the achievements, drawbacks, learnings, customer satisfaction, employee feedbacks, performance, and other parameters. Every project makes you aware of various unknown aspects that will surely help you with future projects.
Fretty Francis works as a Content Marketing Specialist at SoftwareSuggest, an online platform that recommends software solutions to businesses. Her areas of expertise include hotel management, customer relationship management, and project management software. In her spare time, she likes to travel and catch up on the latest technologies.